Friday 11 October 2013

Safe Journey

Send forth your light and your truth,
Let them guide me;
Let them bring me to your holy mountain
To the place where you dwell.
Then will I go to the altar of God,
To God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the harp,
O God, my God.




May He support you all the day long,
till the shades lengthen,
and the evening comes,
and the busy world is hushed,
and the fever of life is over,
and your work is done.
There in His mercy
may He give you a safe lodging,
and a holy rest 
and peace at the last.



 Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life
Of who shall I be afraid?
Though an army besiege me,
My heart will not fear;
Though war break out against me,
Even then will I be confident.
Hear my voice when I call, O Lord;
Be merciful to me and answer me.
My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and take heart
And wait for the Lord.




1 comment:

  1. Eternal rest, grant unto him O Lord
    and let perpetual light shine upon him.
    May he rest in peace.
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Fools?

Holy Fools  simple Fools for Christ daft, naïve and trusting souls  condemned by others for acting 'strange' in a time ...