Wednesday 13 March 2013

St Francis of Assisi



Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen




"Francis, repair my church, which you see is falling down"




2 comments:

  1. The Church needs a warrior rather than an animal lover to put things in order.It is all becoming too sloppy. A great intellect combined con giusto and guts...a Benedict with balls. I know this sounds terribly rude but that is not my intent.Hope the Holy Spirit whispers these words or similar into His Holiness's pearly pink. Loyola will have steam coming out of his if his first Pope does not sort things drastically.

    Miss you over at the Farm.Very subdued and dull without our flapping bird. So pleased you have a blog now and have not disappeared into the ether so to speak.

    PS
    Someone punched Cranmer on the nose. I blamed His Holiness but I know it was really you.We are not allowed to speak of you anymore.From recollection I think the Jews call it Shiva or something like that. You have been declared as dead as a Dodo I'm afraid:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not underestimate Pope Francis. The approach of Saint Francis may the way ahead for the Church. He is a true Saint and the Pope chose his name for a reason. Hopefully, he will be given the strength to tackle the moral and spiritual corruption in Rome. Do not misjudge his simple approach or his commitment to Catholic doctrine.

    Thanks for popping by, Cressie. I miss being "Dodo the Cranmer terrorist" too but perhaps it was time for him to move on and evolve.

    ReplyDelete

Fools?

Holy Fools  simple Fools for Christ daft, naïve and trusting souls  condemned by others for acting 'strange' in a time ...